When the word “hacking” is brought up, what immediately comes to people’s mind is the act of exploiting weaknesses in computer systems or computer networks. With the recent news about how the infamous group, Anonymous, has been taking down sites as their move to combat internet censorship, or about China’s recent cyberespionage against American national security, hacking has taken a rather negative connotation to people’s eyes. But in reality, the term’s implication goes beyond just accessing protected information. It could also mean manipulating features that the general public typically doesn’t know exist.
Even Facebook has hack codes which a lot of people don’t know about. However, the thing with Facebook is that its designers constantly change features and links at whim. Users are often left unable to guess what would come next or why their links or plug-ins no longer works. Here are 3 Facebook tips and hack codes that a lot of Facebook enthusiasts have enjoyed along the years.
Code Lens Flare
Exactly typing in the key sequence UP-UP-DOWN-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-B-A-(Enter) and then scrolling the page up or down will result to a display of cool lens flares. This may be quite a silly hack for some but for those who are not too computer savvy, the method might just be enough to get them impressed. The effect is also not annoying since it disappears rather quickly.
This profile hack is known to be the easiest from the bunch. Facebook allows its users to change their profiles into languages they desire.
- On the right part of your page, beside the Activity Log is the Settings Logo. Click on it and choose the Timeline Settings option.
- You will be directed to another page. Look at the right side and choose General, which is the first item on the list.
- Click on Language and select English (Pirate) from the dropdown list.
Now you can enjoy Facebook the pirate style!
Hide From Certain People
There simply are days when you just don’t feel like chatting with someone in particular but you also don’t want to completely turn off your online status. Well, here’s a way to solve that dilemma.
- Open the chat list located in the bottom right of your account.
- Go to Settings and opt for the Advanced Settings.
- Choose option 1 if you just like to appear online to some people and enter in the names of friends whom you don’t want to see you. You can also go for option 2 if you want to select specific friends that you like to be seen as online then click save.
Hacking Facebook does not really require a lot of work. Sometimes, all it takes is exploring the features made available and experimenting what you can do with them.