While it is no longer a biggie nowadays to learn of people’s whereabouts through social networking sites, many of you may still need that much needed privacy. After all, there are things that you’d prefer to keep to yourself no matter how simple or little these maybe.
So, you have found a person who you think is interesting. With that in mind, you decided to add him or her as a friend on Facebook. But then the thing is that you would not want other people to know that you actually added that person.
The reason for wanting such can be endless. It maybe that you got a crush on that person and you don’t want your buddies to know that you actually made the move to add that someone on your friend’s list. Or, it can be that you are adding someone who your other friends actually dislike.
Whatever the reason you may have, the most important thing is that you will be able to accomplish your goal. So, how do you really add someone as a friend on Facebook and prevent it from appearing on your status updates? Here are simple steps that would do the trick:
1. Go to your Facebook homepage and click on the ‘Update Status’ box.
2. On the lower right corner of the box, hover your mouse on the ‘Friends’ icon.
3. On the ‘Friends’ icon, kindly click the drop-down arrow.
4. The following options will then be displayed on the drop-down menu: Public, Friends, Only Me, Custom, Close Friends, Family, and See all lists…
5. Kindly click on ‘Custom’
6. After clicking on ‘Custom’, a pop-up box will then appear.
7. On the pop-up box, look for the ‘x’ icon labeled ‘Don’t share this with’
8. Right below that is the entry ‘These people or lists:’ with a rectangular box right beside it.
9. On that box, you can then choose which of your friends should not get notified of any of your status updates.
10. Once you have entered the name of the people you do not want to see your status updates, you can then click on ‘Save Changes’.
Presto! The next time you add a friend or do anything that would merit a status update, those persons will never have a clue of what you did. So, you can now go add anyone you find interesting without having to worry about a single thing! How great is that!
See? Your social networking site does not have to be an open book for the entire world to see. You can always play around with its settings and do some adjustments according to your personal preferences. That is how technology works today!